Monday, June 7, 2010

The Dance Dance Revolution Series: A Nostalgic Look Back at the Series in the Past Ten Years.



Let's face it--dancing is an embarrassing thing to do. Especially on a flashy, neon lit machine in front of friends and people whom you don't know in a public place. But the only way to get good at it is to practice--which is what was enabled by the PS2 arcade ports of the DDR series.

Now, I have fond memories of this dancing sensation game--it all began in high school summer school at the local K-Mart. After school, my buddies and I would ride our bikes to the K-Mart, get pizza, play fighting games and then DDR at the arcade. One of my friends was skillful enough to play Heavy mode and knew the majority of the songs by heart before I even set foot on the machine, but when I did...it was surprisingly fun. So I decided I should practice.

Here are my experiences with the Dance Dance Revolution games, and my reviews of 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment